Tuesday 3 April 2012

My New Babies...

... I've got a feeling they're going to feature quite a lot on this here blog in the future! I've got butternut squash, courgettes, sweetcorn, runner beans, & peppers (and some flowers- asters) all grown by me from seeds and a couple little tomato and cucumber plants bought from the garden centre. I also bought a coriander, lavender and balm. Balm reminds me of when I lived on a Kibbutz in Israel as a volunteer as I used to make a herbal infusion to drink, I haven't had any since and I know as soon as I make a cup I'll feel as though i'm back on the Kibbutz ♥










Growing things is so immensely satisfying, I can't wait to watch the vegetables growing with Jessica this year. Even more we can't wait to pick, cook and eat them. Such a lovely thing to do with children. Three packs of seeds for the price of two in Wilko's it really is something everybody can have a go at and I would recommend it highly if you do have children. Jess gets such pleasure from helping planting, watering, and watching them grow and she is so much more willing to try new things when she has been involved in the making. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...